
Hello, All!
I promise, I didn't fall off the face of the Earth! I am in Minneapolis, MN. Actually, it's a little suburb of Minneapolis, called St. Louis Park.
The drive out here was pretty uneventful- just how it ought to be! I stayed in a little hotel in the little town of Cozad, Nebraska- "Home of the Haymakers"- population 4,181. They boast a plant that manufactures shock absorbers, employing a whopping total of 700 people, and a plastic plant that manufactures privacy fencing. Woot woot! Other attractions mentioned in the one paragraph about the town on www.CozadNebraska.com are: horseshoe pits, playground equipment, and an outdoor walking track.
So far, Andrew and I have made Greek Yogurt (is it still Greek if it was made in America by Americans, with American ingredients and equipment?), walked around a few lakes, celebrated Easter with his family (including an Easter egg hunt in which I was the youngest participant), attended my new ward, and played games like Scrabble and Book of Mormon Golf on his iPod touch, and Blokus.
I haven't gotten lost too much, thanks to help from Andrew's GPS, and Google Maps. I babysat for a woman named Stephanie twice. Her two little girls are so cute! Danica- 3 and 1/2 and Carly- 7 months.
I'm loving my home here with Janet and Abby. They are both really nice, and Abby is so funny! Her laugh is totally contagious. She is very active- performing a contortionist act for the circus, soccer, fund-raisers, science fair, etc. Janet got me in to a special showing of "I Am" at the Uptown theater. It was packed because the producer (also star of the documentary) was there, and Oprah had had him on her show, so word got out. Janet's friend had something to do with sponsoring the event. It was very good, and I think everyone should see it. They made a nice room for me that has 3 windows, with a lovely view of their awesome yard. I was surprised to wake up to snow one morning, and two deer in the yard were surprised to see me a few days ago.
Oscar has made me feel pretty welcome, too.
I have yet to catch this crazy cat in his "sitting like a human" pose, but when I do, I'll definitely post it.


No comments:
Post a Comment