Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Lifetime Customer of Discount Tires
Today of all days, I got a flat tire. I drove over a nail quite a way away from home. And it is the day Janet is in Chicago, of all days. By the time I realized it, I just happened to be 1 block from Tires Plus. I called, but they wanted $20 to come check it out. So, figuring the tire was a goner anyhow since I had been driving on it, I drove the block to their store. They still wanted $20 just to help put on my spare. I wanted them to help put on the spare so I could go to Discount Tire Co. where I got the tire originally. They then tried convincing me and pressuring me that Discount wouldn't have my records and that I should give them $101 for a new tire, which they said was $3 off the price at Discount. Uh huh, right. So I made a phone call, and Discount said basically, "Duh. We have the internet. We have your record. Pay the lazy bums to put on your spare, come here, and we'll refund it." So that's what I did, since I already didn't trust these guys. Sure enough, with my road hazard certificate it only cost $9.50 and they gave me CASH BACK to refund the fee at Tires Plus!!! Plus it took them WAY less time!!! And they were much nicer. The guy at the desk at Tires Plus ignored me twice for a phone call and to give someone advice about their wireless plan. ?!?! I will be a lifetime customer of Discount Tire.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment