Monday, June 20, 2011

With Grateful Heart


I realized today that I haven't written anything for awhile, neither on my blog nor in my Journal. Tsk Tsk. I thought it was because I have nothing new to report, nothing interesting to say. Well, I've decided that even if that is true, there is something I need to say. How grateful I am for all of my blessings. I am a member of an amazing family with loving parents, 6 siblings, 5 great "new siblings" 14 and a 1/2 nieces and nephews, and loving grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. I have wonderful friends that love me even when I don't deserve it, and support me. I have a beautiful home to live in, with people who are kind and treat me like family, and a ward family that has welcomed me with open arms. I live in a beautiful area with nature surrounding me and everything I need within biking distance. I have opportunities to learn, grow, and improve myself every day, and a loving Father in Heaven who uplifts me in every worthy endeavor. I have faith in my purpose here on Earth and the things in store for my future and Eternity, which brings me so much peace, joy, happiness, direction, and guidance. I know of my worth in the eyes of my Maker and my potential to become like Him. I need to:

1. Spend more time thinking about what I have, not what I might be missing.
2. Work on becoming who I want to be, not having what I want to have.
3. Ask what I can give, not what I can get.
4. Just Live. Here. Now. Soak it in.
5. Stop waiting for something to make me happy and just be happy.
6. Start learning for the sake of learning, not earning.
7. Just do it!

1 comment: